LEATHERSandqvist leather bags and wallets are made with full grain, vegetable-tanned leather. This material gives our bags an organic quality and ages beautifully. No pigment is used to conceal natural defects in the leather, which is why some scratches and imperfections may be visible. This is normal and adds character and is not to be seen as a defect.
- Hot and dry air can dry out the leather. If your bag has become wet, dry it at room temperature.
- If the leather has become dirty, clean it gently with a light moistened sponge and some mild soap if necessary.
- Apply leather grease or leather balm if the leather looks or feels dry. Use a small amount and apply a thin and even layer, for example with a sponge. Wipe off the excess with a clean and dry cloth. Always try first on a small inconspicuous surface to see how the color changes before you treat the whole bag. Note that greasing will also soften the leather a bit. We recommend to use a natural product like Sandqvist TangentGC Leather Care.
- Beware of light clothing as leather colour may come off with friction, sweat and water.
COTTON CANVASOur canvas bags are made of non-treated, heavy cotton canvas. They are unwashed and may fade overtime, especially when exposed to sunlight, and will develop a beautiful unique style similar to your favourite pair of denim jeans. If you want to make the bag more water resistant, you can treat it with a product made specifically to protect cotton garments. The canvas can also be waxed to protect it from rain.
- Dirt can normally be removed by carefully wiping the fabric with a moistened sponge and some mild soap. Be gentle, as hard rubbing on the fabric may cause spots.
- Beware of light clothing as canvas colour may come off with friction, sweat and water. If washing is absolutely necessary, we recommend careful hand washing. If hand washed, use lukewarm water and a mild, non-bleaching detergent. Stretch the wet product and let it hang dry. Re-grease the leather details when almost completely dry.
CORDURA®In our Urban Outdoor bag series Sandqvist uses 1000x1000 or 500x1000 denier heavy duty Cordura® with Nylon-6.6 as base material and a PU-coating. The material is water resistant and very durable. Cordura® fabrics are known for their durability and resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs.
- You can clean your Cordura® bag with hand soap and a moist sponge or cloth. For care of the leather details, see the leather section above
RIPSTOP CORDURA® ECOMADEOur EcoMade ripstop Cordura® uses heavy duty 1000 denier polyester. The material is made from 43% recycled polyester which reduces energy use, waste and extends the life of the raw material.
The material is water resistant and Cordura® fabrics are known for their durability and resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs. If washing is necessary, clean with a moist sponge or cloth, use hand soap if needed.
At the Sandqvist’s store on Swedenborgsgatan 3, Amir, our in-house tailor, repairs bags for customers as well as redesigns used bags for second hand sales. Bags beyond repair will be taken apart and used for spare parts, or in the making of redesigned bags.
Commonly used spare parts and repairs of worn out Sandqvist products are available at a reasonable cost through all the Sandqvist stores. Customers can choose to have their old and used Sandqvist bag repaired for a new life, or hand it in for second hand sales and receive a voucher with a 20% discount to be used at the next purchase.
These will help you protect your Sandqvist product from wear and tear.